These tie rods are overkill for some, but when it comes to steering components, failure is not an option.
These tie rod assemblies are the best of the best. Featuring 1.5 inch wide forged tie rod, massive 2 1/3 inch ball joints and a much larger and stronger, adjustable inner ball joint.
Outer tie rod end contains a spring-loaded gusher bearing that maintains constant pressure.
- Stage3 Tie Rod Assemblies (158031511)
- Dramatically improves strength
- Forged Steel Tie Rod Assemblies
- Sold As A Pair
When compared to factory components:
- 30 percent larger toe adjusting shaft
- 53 percent larger tie rod body
- 35 percent larger outer ball joint
- 28 percent larger, adjustable inner ball joint
- 2011-Present GM 2500HD/3500HD Trucks
- PPE Stage3 Tie Rods are engineered to fit GM stock steering components
- Some aftermarket steering manufacturers have changed the placement of the tie rod mounting perch on the front spindle, which then requires a shorter tie rod
- The Stage3 Tie Rod outers are fully-threaded internally, and may be trimmed to accommodate the relocated aftermarket perch location
- An experienced installer should measure to determine the appropriate trim length